Friday, August 9, 2013

A to Z Bookish Survey

So, Jamie at The Perpetual Page-Turner created this cute bookish survey! I can't say no to a bookish survey!

Author You’ve Read the Most Books From:
P.C. Cast. I've been keeping up with her House of Night series (which is really really long) plus I read one of her earlier books. However, once I read the rest of the Sailor Moon manga, I will have read more by Naoko Takeuchi (if manga counts for this question).


Best Sequel Ever:
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets was a magnificent second book.


Currently Reading:
Life of Pi by Yann Martel. It's unlike anything I've ever read so far.


Drink of Choice While Reading:
Lemonade!
 
 
E-reader or Physical Book?
I like physical books better. There's just something nice about being able to feel and smell the pages and putting the book on your shelf when you're done.


Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated in High School:
Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green... :'( But yeah. Definitely my type.


Glad You Gave this Book a Chance:
White Cat by Holly Black.


Hidden Gem Book:
Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink.


Important Moment in Your Reading Life:
Oddly, the most important moment in my reading life is giving in and watching the Harry Potter movies. This led me to the books, and a fandom I will always be proud of being part of. It led me to the utter happiness I felt when I got to run to the bookstore when a new Potter book came out, looking at the dictionary-sized reservation list (which my name was part of, of course) in awe.


Just Finished:
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte.


Kinds of Books You Won’t Read:
Romances like Fifty Shades of Grey. I just can't.


Longest Book You’ve Read:
Under the Dome by Stephen King, which was 1072 pages.


Major Book Hangover Because of:
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. Must. Reread.


Number of Bookcases You Own:
Right now, I really just use one.


One Book You Have Read Multiple Times:
The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause. I really loved this one. The prose was pretty, the story was bleak but also kind of hopeful... It was a paranormal novel that flowed like a contemporary. I love that!


Preferred Place to Read:
On the couch or outside. I probably look like an idiot, though, because I usually just grab one of those long folding chair thingies and soak up some sun rays in the middle of my driveway.


Quote that Inspires You/Gives You All the Feels From a Book You’ve Read:
To be honest, there are a lot of those... But this one is really special: "we accept the love we think we deserve" - Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower.


Reading Regret:
...Do I have any regrets? Well, I'm feeling a bit left out because I haven't read Cassandra Clare's Mortal Instruments series yet OR The Infernal Devices. It all sounds really interesting, but there's just so much stuff to read. Oh! And I also haven't read Looking for Alaska by John Green. Ridiculous, I know, but I'm working on it.


Series You Started and Need to Finish (all books are out in series):
I seriously need to read the last of Carrie Ryan's Forest of Hands and Teeth books. Like, right now.


Three of Your All-Time Favorite Books:
THREE? WHAT? Umm... The Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte... To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. And The Fault in Our Stars by John Green and The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. DON'T JUDGE ME FOR SUCKING AT PICKING FAVORITES. Look at my Critica's Picks page; all the favorites are listed there.


Unapologetic Fangirl For:
Sailor Moon. Forever.


Very Excited for This Release More Than All the Others:
The two Sailor Moon Short Stories books! I know that one of them will include the story selected for the Hearts in Ice movie back in the day, which features Luna a lot. (I really love Luna; I named my own kitty after her.)


Worst Bookish Habit:
I know a lot of people are germaphobic like me, but I kind of wish I could get out of the habit of buying all the books I want and just go to the library more often. Less money flying from my pocket.


X Marks The Spot: Start at the top left of your shelf and pick the 27th book:
Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick.


Your Latest Book Purchase:
I got Angels and Demons by Dan Brown and Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte on sale! Yay!

ZZZ-snatcher Book (last book that kept you up WAY late):
The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky... I was all like "Well, I'll just read a little bit... Nah, this book is little. It's already elven thirty, but I can read the whole thing pretty quickly."

No comments:

Post a Comment