Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing This Year

I hope you've all been having a fantastic holiday so far! The holiday season is my favorite time of year (along with summertime) in general, but I also really love the end-of-year blogging rituals we do like making fun lists and surveys. This week, I'm participating in Top Ten Tuesday, a fun and popular bookish meme hosted at The Broke and the Bookish. Our topic for this week is a festive one for the holidays:

 
Top Ten Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Bringing This Year
 
1
The Bone Clocks by David Mitchell
The Bone Clocks is David Mitchell's latest album which was released just a couple months ago. So far, the only novel I've read from him is Cloud Atlas, and I was really impressed by it. Apparently The Bone Clocks also displays how people's lives are connected in strange ways, but it follows a psychic. Sounds promising. P.S. - Am I the only one who absolutely adores this cover?
 
2
Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor
 This one seems to be a favorite of a fair amount of blogs and vlogs, and the more I hear about it, the more I need to read this book as well as the rest of the trilogy. From what I've heard, it's a really complicated paranormal... As we all know, sometimes paranormal novels can fall into a bit of a pattern. I'm eager to see how this is different.
 
3
Redeemed by P.C. Cast and Kristin Cast
Yes everyone, this is the last one. The twelfth and final book of the House of Night series was released last October and I really hope I get it for Christmas. But no matter when I get it, I will be reading it eventually, and I will be reading it happily... Please tell me I'm not the only one who actually really likes this series.
 
4
Alien Secrets by Annette Curtis Klause
I've been trying to find this book forever, but it isn't easy to get a hold of. I adore Klause's books The Silver Kiss and Blood and Chocolate; I've read them both a couple times. Her plots may be supernatural, but there's something about them that flows like contemporary... I don't know how she does it. I think her writing style is beautiful.
 
5
Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley
 I've wanted to read this since it came out in 2010. Every review I read sounded really promising and I've never read anything with this sort of description. Santa should totally bring this because it sounds really good and I don't really have any unread contemporary in possession at the moment.
 
6
Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
 Badass female assassin? Fantasy? New pretty covers? Sure, I'll read this! To be honest, I don't even know much about this book or about the others in the series, but it's always sparked my interest for some reason... Probably because even though I love fantasy, I don't think I read enough of it. (I suppose the same could be said of contemporary too.)
 
7
A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Grey
I've never read anything by Claudia Grey before, but one day I saw this beautiful book cover and I was intrigued. After reading the synopsis I added it to the TBR. It just sounds so interesting since it deals with all the possibilities of multiverses. Hopefully it ends up being as cool as it looks.
 
8
The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
This is one of those books where I've heard tons of amazing things about but haven't gotten around to reading yet. It's pretty much always been on my TBR but I somehow just never end up buying it and get distracted by all the other cool books I also need to get around to reading. But lately, the synopsis itself has really been screaming "THIS WILL BE AMAZING" louder than usual.
 
9
If I Stay by Gayle Forman
Don't yell at me. I know. It's ridiculous that I haven't read the well-beloved If I Stay yet, but I wasn't sure if I'd like it for a little while. Now that I've seen movie trailers, I think I more than likely will, and one of my closer friends really recommends it. However... I'm just worried that it'll make me cry. Because it probably will.
 
10
Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
There are a lot of people that really, REALLY love this book, but there are also quite a few who just couldn't get into it because of the main character. So... I suppose this could go one of two ways for me, but I'd like to give it a try. If Santa brought it this year, I wouldn't complain.
 
Do you like any of the books I listed? Do you dislike any of them? As always, let me know and feel free to leave the link to your own Top Ten Tuesday lists. Hopefully we get and give some great books this year!


5 comments:

  1. Sherman Alexie's novel The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian is AMAZING!! I hope you get this book!!

    Here's my TTT list for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2014/12/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-wouldnt.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think I'd enjoy Throne of Glass as much as I did! I hope you enjoy it too! Merry Christmas! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really looking forward to reading Throne of Glass and A Thousand Pieces of You, too! I recently reviewed Daughter of Smoke and Bone, and it was actually one of my few five star ratings, so I absolutely recommend it to you! I wish you a happy holidays and I hope you receive the books on your list:D

    Claire @ Cover to Cover

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you get some great books this holiday as well! :) And hopefully I end up getting Daughter of Smoke and Bone; I've seen so many fabulous reviews at this point that I just have to see what all the buzz is about.

      Delete