Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books

Of course, Top Ten Tuesday is a fun meme held at The Broke and the Bookish. Today, we're talking about our favorite inspirational quotes from books. For me, what a quote says is only half the reason to love it - it's also about how it's said. It's amazing how beautiful certain clusters of words can sound and what feelings a specific arrangement can evoke. Sometimes it's just the placement of a quote in context of a story. It's really the magic of reading and writing. Without further ado, here are my favorites.
 

Top Ten Inspiring Quotes from Books

“Neighbors bring food with death and flowers with sickness and little things in between. Boo was our neighbor. He gave us two soap dolls, a broken watch and chain, a pair of good-luck pennies, and our lives. But neighbors give in return. We never put back into the tree what we took out of it: we had given him nothing, and it made me sad.”
Harper Lee, To Kill a Mockingbird
 

“Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain and little, I am soulless and heartless? You think wrong! – I have as much soul as you – and full as much heart!”
Charlotte Bronte, Jane Eyre
 

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean it is not real?”
J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
 

“Behind this mask there is more than just flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea… And ideas are bulletproof.”
Alan Moore, V for Vendetta
 

“All right, then, I’ll go to hell.”
Mark Twain, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
 

“You must try to forget all you have learned […] You must begin to dream. From this time on you must shut your ears to the roaring of the voices.”
Sherwood Anderson, Winesburg, Ohio

 
“We accept the love we think we deserve.”
Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower
 
 
“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot
It’s not going to get better. It’s not.”
Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
 

“The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand.”
Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire
 

“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.”
Ray Bradbury, Zen in the Art of Writing

-
 
Feel free to leave the link to your Top Ten Tuesday - I love reading through quotes!

1 comment:

  1. Love your quotes. And you have a wonderful Dr. Seuss one. Yay!

    ReplyDelete