Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Classics I Can't Believe I Haven't Read Yet

Top Ten Tuesday is a fantastic bookish meme from The Broke and the Bookish. Every week book bloggers are asked to make lists based on the chosen topic, but this week is a free-for-all. Today I'm going to be talking about classics and the good 'ole TBR:

Top Ten Classics I Can't Believe I Haven't Read Yet
 
1
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
 
 
2
The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
 
 
3
Animal Farm by George Orwell
 
 
4
Anthem Ayn Rand
 
 
5
Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
 
 
6
The Hidden Force by Louis Couperus
*For those of you wondering "What even is this?": It's more prominent in Dutch literature. My favorite album by Within Temptation, The Silent Force, was written about this book, and that's why I want to read it.


7
The Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper
 
 
8
Mysteries of Udolpho by Ann Radcliffe
 
 
9
Emily Bronte’s Poetry
 
 
10
Paradise Lost by John Milton



Feel free to leave your Top Ten Tuesday link. Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. SILENT FORCE! Yes, that is my favorite WT album too (and frankly, I've only met two people who've heard of WT, so this makes me so happy!) I haven't read "The Hidden Force" yet, but it's on my to-read list. I have read most of these though, and they are all really good picks. "Paradise Lost," is best if you do intensive study on the culture/context/history, I think. I loved it. "Last of the Mohicans" is similar in that it is NOT politically correct, and is purely an adventure novel. "Rebecca" is so well written that it deserves it's "One of the Best Suspense Novels of All Time" status.

    Loved your list! If you want to check out mine: http://rlhendrian.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-10-fictional-worlds-id-like-to.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay a WT fan! :) Thanks for stopping by and giving your input - I've always heard Rebecca was well-written and I can't wait to read it... If only the TBR wasn't so enormous... XD

      Delete
    2. My TBR pile is bigger than my bed (in mass, anyhow)! I wish I could absorb books sometimes. Especially kind of boring ones that I'd like to have read, ;)
      Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

      Delete