Saturday, December 3, 2011

The 2011 Stephen King Reading Challenge: I Surrender

I don't really sign up for reading challenges, but when I saw the 2011 Stephen King Reading Challenge at Book Chick City I thought I'd try. After all, I couldn't have picked an easier challenge. All that was required was for me to read six of Stephen King's books this year. Six books. That's it. Simple, right?

Well, I epicly failed. I should've raised the white flag in October to be honest... The only Stephen King book I read this year was 'Salem's Lot back in January. I even had a good start at the beginning of the year, but could I keep it up? No! I love Stephen King despite his novels can be hit-and-miss for me, and I have a ton of his books on my TBR (to be read) list, but I only got around to reading one this year. From this, I'm concluding that I can only read what I want when I want. Challenges don't seem to motivate me at all.

If I ever try the whole reading challenge thing again, maybe I should go for something broader, more general. For example, one that targets a specific genere that I typically read like dystopia, science fiction, or fantasy.

As a side note, I highly recommend Stephen King's Under the Dome (this book was my first ever review, so the link leads to a really short and tacky review). In the near future, I plan to read Carrie, The Shining, The Stand, and Full Dark, No Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment