Saturday, July 13, 2013

Calling Fans of The Lord of the Rings and Metal Music

The film adaptations of J.R.R. Tolkien's The Lord of the Rings trilogy had perhaps the most beautiful film scores ever, each composed by Howard Shore. I love them so much! I'm also an avid fan of symphonic metal, which combines metal with classical music, so when I saw this video on the sidebar on YouTube, I was curious. Kind of afraid, but curious. Upon clicking on this video, I knew that it was possible that all the classical elements could have been taken out and replaced by a four-piece band, and I hoped that wasn't the case because I've noticed that mixing metal with classical usually works best when the classical instruments have the melody.

I didn't want to see Shore's masterpieces made a mockery of, and I didn't, for this "Epic Metal Rendition," made by Doug Anderson, is really good. The blend of classical and metal is basically perfect, and there are quite a few different songs used. A very well-done rendition!


 
If you liked this video, Doug Anderson has other "Epic Metal Renditions" from other movies as well as other videos on his channel. Have an epic day listening to this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment