Saturday, May 8, 2010

Chopin Piano Favourites | Idil Biret




Don't you love Chopin?

Last night after hearing one of my favorite piano songs composed by Chopin I picked this C.D from my collection and listened the entire way through.

I may not be a big fan of the peppier piano pieces, but the darker ones, the minor chords, were beautiful always. This is quite a nice little collection of songs by this fabulous composer. However, I am a little bitter that one of my favorites, "Etude Op. 10 No. 3" was not to be found in my only Chopin collection.

My personal favorite is "Raindrop Prelude", and I also love "Ballade No. 1 in G minor, Op. 23" and "Piano Sonata No. 2 in B flat minor, Op. 35, Funer, Funeral March".

Anyone that likes classical piano or Chopin will like this collection. Each piece is played very well. I've had collections like this in the past that weren't played very impressively, but I liked this one a lot; whoever was playing performed perfectly.

4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment