Sunday, December 9, 2012

Favorite Musical Singles of 2012 (Part 1/4)

Since 2012 is coming to a close, I thought I'd share my favorite singles released this year!
 
This will be the first of four posts. Each of these four posts will contain four videos of my favorite singles, making that a total of sixteen songs to expect over the course of the week. I will post the other three posts every other day this week.
 
Initially, I tried to order these numerically, making it more of a countdown, but the order ended up relying on how much I love the artist, it felt biased in result. So, I decided to randomize them. Plus, I just love these songs so much.
 
I hope you enjoy these four great songs as well the others coming within the week!
 
 
 
"Youth Without Youth" by Metric
This is an awesome, fun song that makes me feel BA whenever I listen to it.
The album that this single came from, Synthetica, is a fantastic album
that has multiple tracks that are just as cool (or even cooler) than this
song.
 

 
"Summertime Sadness" by Lana Del Rey
Lana Del Rey brings a heavy darkness to indie pop with
"Summertime Sadness," and the video does that darkness justice.
It's both mellow and melodic, and even though I wasn't a fan from
the get-go, the greatness ofthis song, as well as the other tracks on
her debut album Born to Die hit me like a ton of bricks.
 
 
 
 "The Other Side" by Evanescence
"The Other Side" is a promotional single from my favorite band's
latest self-titled album (which I loved). Though it's not a happy song,
it's definitely upbeat and catchy both vocally and instrumentally.
As a promo single, it has no official music video, but it does have
an official lyric video in which I have posted.
 
 
 
"Ride" by Lana Del Rey 
Lana Del Rey released a new edition of her debut album (The
Paradise Edition) which includes a bunch of new songs for us
to love, including this single. The song itself is very pretty and
melancholy, but the video doesn't do much for me, personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment