Thursday, December 13, 2012

Favorite Musical Singles of 2012 (Part 3/4)

 This is the third post consisting of my favorite singles released in 2012. Part four will come later in the week.
 
 
"It's Time" by Imagine Dragons
I discovered this song from watching the trailer for The Perks of
Being a Wallflower and began hearing it on the radio shortly
after the trailer's release. There's something about this song that
describes life, kind of like how Radical Face is good at describing
life. It's ordinary and it's extraordinary. Between the music and the
meaning, "It's Time" makes me want to cry and smile and be happy.
 
 
 
"Breathing Underwater" by Metric This is the second Metric song on this list, and though I love the first one listed, "Breathing Underwater" is the one I tend to favor. The feel of it is so light and carefree; I can't  help but love it. I hoped it would be a single when I heard it from their album Synthetica and almost had a heart attack when I finally heard it on the radio.
 
 
 
"National Anthem" by Lana Del Rey
"National Anthem" is the last of the three Lana Del Rey songs
one can find on this list, and it took the longest to grow on me
out of all the songs on her album Born to Die. However, it's one of her
best. The song itself is unique in its general feel, and it includes a catchy
chorus and intense bridge. Still, the video is probably most popular
amongst the general public since Lana embodied both Marilyn
Monore and Jackie Kennedy without trying too hard to look like either
of them. After all, Lana Del Rey is strictly Lana Del Rey.
 
 
 
"Love Bites (So Do I)" by Halestorm
For a change of pace, give this single a try. "Love Bites (So Do
I)" is such a fun rock song. It's hard not to like something so badass
and lyrically exciting. Even the title sounds awesome. But if
rock isn't really your thing, just listen to Lzzy Hale's ending two
notes. Holy. Cow.

No comments:

Post a Comment